Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana is launched by central government. Pregnant and lactating women are the beneficiaries. The assistance amount is given to the beneficiary in three installments. A total of 5000 rupees is received in three installments.
Morevover, beneficiary has to comply with certain government conditions.
What are the conditions of Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana?
- The pregnant woman must be 19 years of age or above.
- Apart from this, the woman should register herself for the scheme.
In short, Preganent women must register themself. Anganbadi karyakarti helps in registration process.
Let’s see how to register in this plan?
You can register yourself in this scheme in 2 ways.
- Through Anganwadi or Asha worker : Give information about pregnancy to Asha or Anganwadi worker. Get the registration form from Anganwadi worker. Once formed is filled, submit it to ASHA or Anganwadi worker.
- Digital Registration : Firstly, Beneficiaries can register themselves using UMANG App. For this you have to download UMANG app on your mobile. Secondly, You can also register yourself in official website. Follow the link below and register yourself.
How is the payment done in this plan?
The amount is paid directly into the beneficiary’s bank account. Banks use special payment software for payment process. The payment software transfers money directly to the beneficiary’s bank account.
Installments in Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana:
- 1000 ₹ is paid to the beneficiary in the first installment. The payment happens after registration.
- The payment of the second installment is 2000 ₹. This payment is received after registration.
- The payment of the third installment is 2000 ₹. This payment is made to the beneficiary after the birth of his child. The principal of this payment amount is used for BCG, OPV, DPT and Hepatitis B vaccinations.
Analysis of Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana :
Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana is a successful scheme. Moreover, it got appreciation from public.
In fact, 5000 rupees is very less amount. At least women should get 12000 rupees.
This plan looks like as a gift. As this amount is not sufficient for the pregnant woman. So It is a gift from the government to them.
As many states offers free medical facilities for pregnant women. For example, Assam provides free medical assistance to preganant women. This support is highly commendable.
Above all, the registration process is complicated. Due to rampant corruption in the country, Government wants to track each payment.
Prime Minister dreams about digital India. Therefore, in the coming days the process of registration may become little easier.
In fact, Beneficiary can register themself usingUMANG app. But most of the beneficiaries hails from the villages. So registration should be simplified.